Select to view content in your preferred language

AGOL Map Viewer aggregation cannot change field

Jump to solution
06-04-2024 09:00 AM
Labels (1)
DBlake
by
New Contributor III

The aggregation functionality in AGOL is not allowing me to aggregate on anything other than point density (I want to use another field).  Previously I have been able to do this but now the default aggregateCount (in binning) does not have the ellipsis next to it to be able to remove it as shown below.

DBlake_0-1717516631468.png

In ESRIs own video on the subject in this blog the ... is clearly visible.  Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Aggregate field is one that is autogenerated and cannot be deleted. We removed this ellipse to prevent this scenario from happening. You can add other fields and pick a statistic type. Then going to Bin style you can add or replace the field being used so from the default aggregate count to the new summary statistic field or using that count + statistic field where you could for example create bins using Types & Size to show predominant feature + feature count.

Coming in this upcoming release we are going to also expose arcade on these fields to make these summary statistic fields more powerful along with exposing arcade for bin styling as well. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Aggregate field is one that is autogenerated and cannot be deleted. We removed this ellipse to prevent this scenario from happening. You can add other fields and pick a statistic type. Then going to Bin style you can add or replace the field being used so from the default aggregate count to the new summary statistic field or using that count + statistic field where you could for example create bins using Types & Size to show predominant feature + feature count.

Coming in this upcoming release we are going to also expose arcade on these fields to make these summary statistic fields more powerful along with exposing arcade for bin styling as well. 

DBlake
by
New Contributor III

Many thanks Russ for the swift reply.  I had missed the part in Bin Styles where I could change the attribute being used for the binning, thinking it was coming from the Bin Fields section. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you can share the map we love seeing examples being created. You can invite russell_jsapi to a group and share there if you want.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DBlake
by
New Contributor III

The map/app I was working on there is still in development but it's along similar lines to an openly viewable Experience Builder app on avian flu in Scotland available here: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/e9da70b79fa34caf922a242b42d58306/ 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Awesome thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for sharing! I checked that map out with the new theme we are about to release later this month in the Size style called Reference Size which can be shown as circles, squares, diamonds or hexagons (flat or pointy). This shows a max ring value around the variable size symbol to help viewers know how close that value is to the max within the data. Hopefully you can check it out when we roll this out later the month. 

Also just as an FYI we have a property on bins  and clusters called scale threshold which we added earlier in the year. This means once you pass a certain scale the bins or clusters will turn off and you will see the data in a non-aggregated display which I also used in the map and looked to work pretty good. 

RussRoberts_0-1717611132335.png

0 Kudos
DBlake
by
New Contributor III

Great, thanks for that - more control over the size of the bins will definitely be useful and I always like a hexagon :).  Also the reminder about the scale threshold is timely, I had noted it in an ArcGIS update but hadn't implemented it yet - I'll give it a go...