AGOL application with multiple maps for editing

Jump to solution
05-15-2020 12:30 PM
LisaDygert
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I would like to be able to create one AGOL application with multiple maps that each allow editing, where the users can select which map they would like to use/edit.  I see applications that allow editing, but only one map can be included.  I see applications with the ability to include multiple maps, but no editing is allowed.  The web-app builder would be great, but again, only one map can be included.  

Basically, there are different maps with different layers, depending on which data needs to be edited.  I don't want to load all of the data into one map and application because different users will edit different parts and I want to make all of the fields required fields, which I can do if I split the fields up into different applications.  Also, most of the users are not very GIS savvy and I don't want to make the app complicated by requiring users to have to turn layers on and off depending on what data they are editing.

Any ideas on how to best accomplish this?  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Lisa,

I think embedding multiple web applications into a single dashboard might be the best approach for this. 

Embedded content—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation 

You can create multiple tabs at the bottom of the dashboard like this for the different applications. In this dashboard I made, "Map Viewer" is a map and "Edit Points" is an embedded WAB application. 

All you need to do to get the tabbed format is stack the embedded content on top of other elements in the dashboard.

Hope that helps!!

Cheers,

Katherine

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Lisa,

I think embedding multiple web applications into a single dashboard might be the best approach for this. 

Embedded content—ArcGIS Dashboards | Documentation 

You can create multiple tabs at the bottom of the dashboard like this for the different applications. In this dashboard I made, "Map Viewer" is a map and "Edit Points" is an embedded WAB application. 

All you need to do to get the tabbed format is stack the embedded content on top of other elements in the dashboard.

Hope that helps!!

Cheers,

Katherine

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
LisaDygert
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much Katherine.  That worked!!  I really appreciate you guiding me to right solution. 

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Fantastic! So glad I could help!

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos