Select to view content in your preferred language

ago assistant with portal: cannot see contents

08-18-2015 03:12 PM
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor

Hi, I am trying to copy contents from one portal to another. The issue is when I log into the source portal (10.3) I cannot see its contents. I tested this with various browsers, from within the domain and from outside the firewall. I even tried to reverse it so that I log into the destination (10.3.1) portal and then try to log into the source portal when I select "I want to copy contents". The strange thing is that I can see the contents of my destination portal but not the source. When I try to search for a known item, it results in 0

Both portals are set to anon access as well as SSL only. Both are accessible outside the firewall. Is there a setting I am missing in the source portal?

8-18-2015 1-25-21 PM.png

3 Replies
NeillJobe
Occasional Contributor II

AGO Assistant does not work with Portal.. Check in to Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online , we also have Admin Tools for Portal so that you can do cross-org cloning between the two accounts.

Thanks,

Neill

0 Kudos
DavidHansen3
New Contributor II

"I believe Nathan should still be able access his portals using ArcGIS Online Assistant since they are accessible out side of his firewall, seems weird. He may want to reach out to the developer of the tool on this one (Evan Caldwell @ecaldwell). It could be any number of things.

We do have Admin Tools for Portal that will work even in a completely disconnected environment, which has cloning tools that handle this type of operation along with all our other Admin Tools such as bulk editing, emailing users, etc..."

RayCrew
Occasional Contributor II

I am not sure, but it appears the current version of AGOL-Assistant (Nov 2017) can work with portal installs.