Select to view content in your preferred language

Advice for ArcGIS Urban - Combining Building Footprints with Zoning data

03-06-2024 11:23 AM
Labels (2)
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

I'm looking for any advice that people might have!

I'm doing tech support for someone currently working in ArcGIS Urban and we are struggling a little bit on trying to figure out how to actually get data into the program.

The demo examples, training examples, and a lot of the technical paperwork (and online documents) don't really much information on the type/formats of data that can be used in the program.

So far, we've figured out that you can add Web Scenes and such - we've tried importing parcel data, but it will always fail in the upload process (without a lot of direction in why it failed)

Does anyone have experience with integrating their own custom data into Urban? What I'm trying to figure out how to do is to take a web scene of zoning data, and actually connect it to the building footprints like the demo examples. Here is a screenshot of what I currently have:

SaraJL_0-1709752863031.png

Going through tutorials - there isn't really a "step by step" demo of how to add your own data. So if anyone has recommendations of additional information, I would take anything!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

I did! The basic training module does go over navigation tools, exploring a pre-built model, how to add a geodatabase, and how to see the land use type in the drop-down menu in the configurations for the project. But it doesn't show the process of how to visualize these custom land use type on the building footprints themselves.

0 Kudos
ScottEdmondson
New Contributor III

In my understanding as a lightweight GIS analyst who has spent the last year + (duration not continuously) deploying ArcGIS Urban, here are my answers:

1. You cannot do what you want from a web scene. Web scenes are ONLY for bringing visualized data into AGU projects or plans for context (or the whole city).

2. you need to load your own zoning data and parcel data per the primary model wide Manager (cog wheel in upper right corner of ArcGIS Urban (AGU) landing page. It's not hard but it does require following the directions (for orientation:  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/urban/get-started/get-started-what-is-urban.htm; for data preparation:  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/urban/data/preparing-your-data.htm). 

3. Contact the AGU product team and your client's Esri ArcGIS Enterprise business Account Manager for whatever support they can/will provide (which is usually sufficient to limit wheel spinning, at least). Contact Jason Karian <jkarian@esri.com>, solution engineer for the product team. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos