Address search by street

Jump to solution
07-13-2021 09:19 AM
Labels (1)
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am trying to figure out what would be the easiest way in ArcGIS Online to allow a user to select a street and then see a list of all addresses which appear on that street and then be able to print out a report of each address? I have both my addresses and streets as services on ArcGIS Server. What app would allow me to accomplish this the easiest

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

What about the Near Me widget?

That should just about do it....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

What about the Near Me widget?

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

I thought about that one but I never used it before and am not sure how to configure it

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'm no expert with it, but give it a shot; I know that's the one you need to use.

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for your help Joe!

I'm trying to familarize myself with it right now. Evidently you have to create a web map first before you can set up the Near Me widget. I may be able to work my way through it once I find a web map I can experiment with. I am trying to figure it out in my personal account before I do it on my organization account. I have to create a web map first

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

That's true for any web app: it starts with a web map.  I just re-read your o.p.: for an ArcGIS On Line map, you'll need to get your data from ArcGIS Server to AGOL. Is the Server data static or dynamic? There is a way to point AGOL to your server data, but I don't know the particulars on that off hand.  

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

I have access to service files stored on ArcGIS Server which are live and I can bring them into a web map. So I am good as far as that goes and I may use a web map that is already created. It's once I have the web map how to set the widget up to work with the web map is what I have to learn. 

I can't work on this right now though cause the network is down and I can't even access the files on ArcGIS Server

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Joe, 

I was able to access the web service through the Add web layer to Map and was able to work through most of the configuring of the Near Me app by myself. I almost got it done. Just got to figure out one or two more things and then I will have accomplished what I wanted to do.

Thanks for your help!

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

...but I never used it before and am not sure how to configure it

I guess you can't say this ^ any more!

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

guess not huh 🙂

0 Kudos