Adding a newly created survey to an existing map

07-05-2019 12:19 PM
CatherineBradley
New Contributor III

I was wondering if it is possible to add a newly created survey to an existing map that has another survey already in it.  Do I have to create the map from the survey?  I want to eventually create a dashboard with both of the surveys in it and see the db update as data gets entered from the 2 surveys.  Is this possible?  Thanks in advance - Catherine

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Catherine, 

Yes, you can add multiple Survey123 feature services to a map in AGOL.  The data is stored as a feature service in AGOL just as any other data would be from Collector or directly in AGOL provided you are storing the XY data for your survey using a geopoint question.  One bit of advice, if you are using the internal GPS of phones or tablets to collect your XY data, these can be off substantially by tens or even hundreds of meters.  

Take a a look at:

Share your survey data—Get Started with Survey123 for ArcGIS

0 Kudos
CatherineBradley
New Contributor III

Thank you Lance.  I created a mock survey and added in some addresses from my PC that should have clumped together.  Instead, most of them were way on the east side of town and all on top of one another.  Any idea why?

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Catherine Bradley

Sorry, I did not see your additional post.

To how many decimals are the coordinates being stored?  If this value is being truncated, to just a couple of decimals, all your points will show in at one location.

Take a look at: Customizing GPS Coordinates in Survey123 Map Window or the later posts to Pulling data from geopoint questions

0 Kudos