Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Numeric Data as a Label

Jump to solution
11-13-2012 08:15 AM
DonaldLund
Deactivated User
I am just starting to work with ArgGIS Online and was wondering if there is a way to add numeric data as labels to a map. This is easily done within ArcGIS Desktop. For example, you can label a county with the county name or you can change the label to area, population, etc. I don't see this option with the Online product. Does this capability not exist? Can you plot text strings as X,Y data? I don't see this as an available feature.

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
DonaldLund
Deactivated User
Here is a somewhat complex process that allows you to add labels without having to create a tile map service. If the search function on the forums was worth a damn, I might have found this by myself.  But ESRI tech suport (Jegan) found it in a few seconds.

Adding labels to ArcGIS Online web maps: Part 1

Adding labels to ArcGIS Online web maps: Part 2

Thanks. I think this will work, but I agree that it is complex. Doesn't seem like it should be, that it would be a feature that is common and in high demand. I have always used labels on data plots. And it was hard to find. In fact, I couldn't find it either. I just had to create a new thread and hope someone would answer. I gave up on finding it myself.

Don
0 Kudos