Select to view content in your preferred language

Add New Related Feature in Map Viewer

Jump to solution
08-01-2024 08:01 AM
Labels (2)
KristalWalsh
Occasional Contributor II

Has there been a change in the recent update to adding a feature in a feature-feature relationship in ArcGIS Online Map Viewer? Before the update, I could click the “Add feature” button to start creating a new child feature for the related layer. This button was located at the bottom of the editing pane in the viewer window and the workflow described by @RebekahBollin 's blog article from last year @Feature to Feature Editing in Map Viewer. The "add feature" is no longer in the pane and this was really user-friendly. It seems now that adding a new related feature has to be done from the table. Can anyone confirm this? Maybe I'm just missing something. Thank you! Kristal 

Kristal Walsh, Florida Fish and Wildlife
Office of Conservation Planning
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanMcD

It's now add record. Add feature is just that, create a new asset. So, if creating from "blank" process is New Feature (add info), Create Record (related record)

Make life easy and also ensure you've got a form setup too.

JonathanMcD_0-1722532454902.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanMcD

It's now add record. Add feature is just that, create a new asset. So, if creating from "blank" process is New Feature (add info), Create Record (related record)

Make life easy and also ensure you've got a form setup too.

JonathanMcD_0-1722532454902.png

0 Kudos
KristalWalsh

Yes that's where it is supposed to be, but I think I was confused about the new table changes. And yes, you are correct! I did miss one of my feature-to-feature relates in the form! I think after staring at this all day, unfortunately I couldn't see the forest for the trees. Thank you so much!

Kristal Walsh, Florida Fish and Wildlife
Office of Conservation Planning
JonathanMcD

@KristalWalsh 

I get that all the time - brain fogs up and I wonder what I'll face tomorrow 🙂

0 Kudos