Add additional end points/layers to an existing hosted feature layer

Jump to solution
09-10-2021 09:38 AM
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Maybe a weird question, but is it possible to add additional layers / end-points to an existing hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online? I know you can create a hosted feature with multiple layers / end-points in a single service/item, but once you upload it there doesn't seem to be a way to add additional layers. Perhaps using the REST API or ArcGIS API for Python?

Have found myself in a situation where this would be beneficial, rather than recreating or uploading an additional hosted feature layer.

As an example, this Living Atlas layer for Recent Hurricanes has three layers / end-points in one service.

https://services9.arcgis.com/RHVPKKiFTONKtxq3/ArcGIS/rest/services/Recent_Hurricanes_v1/FeatureServe...

What if you wanted to add a fourth?

-Aaron
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@AaronKoelker sorry to say, you cant.

You can, however, combined feature layers in a group layer in the New Map Viewer though, and then copy and paste that feature set out of the JSON of your web map in AGOL Assistant and add to other maps, but there are other challenges to that approach (additional JS config knowledge for web maps)

David
..Maps with no limits..

View solution in original post

3 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@AaronKoelker sorry to say, you cant.

You can, however, combined feature layers in a group layer in the New Map Viewer though, and then copy and paste that feature set out of the JSON of your web map in AGOL Assistant and add to other maps, but there are other challenges to that approach (additional JS config knowledge for web maps)

David
..Maps with no limits..
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

That's unfortunate, but I appreciate the answer! The JSON workaround doesn't really apply in my specific case, though that is a good trick to know.

-Aaron
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can upvote a solution here:

Add and Remove Layers to Existing Hosted Feature