Add a Feature Class to an Existing Hosted Feature Layer

04-23-2021 02:36 PM
Labels (2)
MikeMacRae
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, I am trying to update an existing hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online. The hosted feature layer was created from a geodatabase that contained 3 feature classes. I now want to update the hosted feature layer to include the original 3 feature classes and then add another (and possibly more in the future). I have tried to overwrite both the hosted feature layer and the underlying geodatabase in ArcGIS Online, but it won't add any new feature classes. Is this possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It should be possible, as we have done this a number of times. Are you uploading the FGDB and then publishing, or publishing a service definition from Pro?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MikeMacRae
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks. I have already uploaded the FGDB and so I am overwriting the existing one. FYI, I am doing this from the ArcGIS for Python API, but I have also tried to 'manually' overwrite by going into the item's 'overview' page in ArcGIS Online and choosing 'Update Data-->Overwrite entire layer' and choosing the zipped updated geodatabase on my computer that includes the 3 original FC's and a new one, yet the new one never gets added to the HFL or it's underlying GDB.

0 Kudos