ADA complient fonts for GISHUB

Jump to solution
01-31-2020 08:56 AM
AnaHiraldo-Gomez
New Contributor III

Hello,

Trying to create an ADA compliant hub page.  I am not a coder, so I am reaching out to ESRI Community for assistance.  We have a software that checks for ADA compliance (aDesigner) and when I run one of the pages it returns lots of error all with same description "Fixed-size font is used."  even if I changed it when it gets saved I think ESRI overwrites it (using ArcGIS online template).  Does this make sense?  is there a way to fix this? or because I am using ArcGIS online template there is no solution?  Is ESRI making changes to make sites ADA compliant?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the link, Peter. We have it on our backlog to switch from fixed font sizes to rem units...hopefully later this year. This change is something we have to do very carefully as we have many years of people making sites with the fixed font sizes....so many users have become dependent on them to get their sites looking the proper way.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ana,

Esri strives to achieve product accessibility for all: Esri's Commitment to Accessibility | Esri Legal 

I would recommend emailing EsriAccessibility@esri.com to describe what you're seeing. 

Thanks,

-Peter 

ArcGIS Hub‌ 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the link, Peter. We have it on our backlog to switch from fixed font sizes to rem units...hopefully later this year. This change is something we have to do very carefully as we have many years of people making sites with the fixed font sizes....so many users have become dependent on them to get their sites looking the proper way.

0 Kudos