30 days trial AGOL

Jump to solution
08-26-2015 06:20 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have a question. When I create one trial account for AGOL i have to select a name for that. Imagine I use gmtcorp. My question is, if I use gmtcorp for my 30 days trial account, after my trial account expire and I two weeks later I want to buy an AGOL account for a year can I use gmtcorp again, the name would be free or it would say "someone is already using gmtcorp? the same get locked for several days or months or I can use it as soon as my account expire?

Thank you for your help!

dIego Llamas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

So, I have an answer.

ArcGOS cannot remove a trial account name to make it available. It persist as a free account if you want to use your organizational name again, there are 2 options:

1. You can upgrade the old trial version to the new AGOL account

2. You will have to use another name since the account name is not a public account

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

I would think that once you purchase an actual account you can call ESRI support and they will convert your free account to a paid organizational account.

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

So, you mean that after my trial version expire, my name persist as a free account? and If i want it back I need to call Support to convert it again to organizational account?

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Thats how I interpret it, you best bet would be to call ESRI Support.

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

So, I have an answer.

ArcGOS cannot remove a trial account name to make it available. It persist as a free account if you want to use your organizational name again, there are 2 options:

1. You can upgrade the old trial version to the new AGOL account

2. You will have to use another name since the account name is not a public account