Select to view content in your preferred language

Show the App template used in the AGOL Overview page

3 weeks ago
SarahNoakes1
Occasional Contributor III

It would be really useful to see the template that has been used to create an App.

For example, when you build an Instant App or use Experience Builder there are many templates to choose from:

InstantAppGallery.PNG

EXBTemplates.PNG

If you want to create another similar App or Experience, it would be really useful if you could see the template used in the Overview information e.g. "Instant App based on Basic template":

Overview.PNG

4 Comments
PatIampietro

Agreed, and this attribute should be discoverable via search as well!

BethRomero

One way to find which template you used to create an Instant App is on the My Apps tab of the Instant App home page. In addition to listing the template used for that app, you can also copy that app. I've highlighted where to find the template used and the copy button.  

BethRomero_0-1723731445143.png

SarahNoakes1

Hi @BethRomero 

Thanks for the hint.  I only ever go to the Instant Apps page to create a new App, so I had never noticed the MyApps tab!

It would still be useful to see that information in AGOL too though, rather than having to go to all the different pages.

BethRomero

@SarahNoakes1 You can access the Instant App home page from the App Launcher (located at the top right corner of all ArcGIS Online pages). You should see an Instant App icon, which will take you there without creating an app. 

BethRomero_0-1723734961769.png