Show current time/real time data in ArcGIS Online

04-08-2016 09:24 AM
JacquelineHrncir
New Contributor III
Requesting the ability to display temporal data on a web map or app so that the default display is the current date/time.  Even having the option to set up a filter so that the layers disply something >= TODAY would be beneficial.  This would allow you to manage time-enabled data more easily, and remove the need to constantly change filters, symbols, legends, or the time slider settings to show what is currenting happening.
5 Comments
NaomiBegg2

I am wanting the ability to add a dynamic filter to only show data that has a date in the future.

BenScott1

Hopefully this would be an easy addition in both AGOL and web app builder. There are many separate ideas here now which all deal with the same issue in slightly different ways..

WAB Real-time Time-slider Widget 

For "time-based layer" , have a Dynamic interval based on data 

Dynamic Time Slider in AGOL for use with continuously updating REST services 

DanMcCoy
DamonEisenach

I have a Closure map with a start date/time and end date/time

I want to only show things between the two date/time fields

Current date between field A and field B

I have planned events I only want to show the next week or months schedule.

is on/before NOW/Today +/- # minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years
is on/after NOW/Today +/- # minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years

in the Next # minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years
not in the Next # minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years

is between NOW/Today +/- # minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years and NOW/Today +/- # minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years
is not between NOW/Today +/- # minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years and NOW/Today +/- # minutes/hours/days/weeks/months/years

AdamRepsher

This is available within Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS.  I just have not been successful with it on rapidly changing datasets of 700 or more records in a SQL based SDE.  I need to try it with #big data store backed Services.