Remove thousands separator in a field in ArcGIS Online in the Pop-up as well as the Edit dialogue

11-01-2016 06:51 AM
DamonPettitt
Occasional Contributor

So currently you can remove the thousands separator for number fields in ArcGIS Online by configuring the Pop-up for that field.  But when you edit a feature in ArcGIS Online that has this same field, the thousands separator appears and it can be confusing for the editors.  I would like a way to hide the thousands separator in this Edit dialogue as well.

It would also be nice if the number formatting that you can establish in ArcGIS Desktop, at the time of the service publishing, would carry forward into ArcGIS Online.  In other words, if you aren't showing the thousands separator in ArcMap for that field, can that carry through all the way to ArcGIS Online?

12 Comments
by Anonymous User

I am experiencing this issue now and was hoping to find and answer to this? I have removed the comma separator in the pop-up properties in the web map, but when I edit the comma shows back up again. Any way of removing this?  

Christopher28

This function would be extremely useful!

Ryan_Gould

Try using Arcade in the Custom label dialog.

For Example: Round(($feature.ACQUISITION_YEAR),0)

This removed the thousands separator for me for a field in which the acquisition year for an photo was recorded.

by Anonymous User

The point is not to have to do Arcade or expressions or any kind of editing when publishing. What you have done in desktop or Pro should carryover and you don't have to redo what has already been done.

Christopher28

Maybe this will help:

BUG-000119710 : In Portal for ArcGIS, upon configuring Pop-Ups the option to 'Use 1000 Separator' is enabled by default even if the data does not have Separators

🙂

JoshHabel

I agree this causes unneeded confusion. Does anyone know if this is a bug? 

Christopher28

Hi Josh,

related to the second part of the idea:

"It would also be nice if the number formatting that you can establish in ArcGIS Desktop, at the time of the service publishing, would carry forward into ArcGIS Online.  In other words, if you aren't showing the thousands separator in ArcMap for that field, can that carry through all the way to ArcGIS Online?"

Yes, this is a bug that runs under the bug number I've just mentioned

ChelseaRozek

I can't believe this is still an issue. I'm seeing it in Portal 10.6.1. Will try 10.7 next week.

Christopher28

Hi Chelsea,

result's the same, isn't it?

Christopher

ChelseaRozek

Thanks for the reminder. Yeah, I'm still seeing it in 10.7