Movable popup window in ArcGis Online

10-22-2012 04:35 PM
EricSvensen
New Contributor II

The popup window in arcgis online cannot be moved.  It often pops up in a location that won't allow me to see the feature.  It would be useful to be able to move it out of the way.

Tags (1)
91 Comments
JohnCodd

The future floater popup (with transparency setting) should have a leader object (separate transparency setting) that continues to point to the feature as the popup is moved.  The popup should not cover the feature (if the viewing space is large enough).  

DanielBrenner

Thanks big time for commenting, but I could use an illustration of what you’re getting at but what do you mean by transparency setting when popups don’t cover the object unless its by accident? (I will say have had that experience with file in Google Earth where I’ve had to drag them aside because they get to be so big with all the relevant attributes I have for the object I want to show).

I’ve got some illustrations of what I want to get at.

I also did have an ESRI dude help me out and did create a version of an app that worked but I don’t want to share it right now because of the overhead (other non native softwares) that was involved for something that should have been ESRI-centric/oriented.

by Anonymous User

Hi everyone. Interesting this is still Under Consideration. But, if you are building your site on premise or have WAB Dev Edition you can quickly modify it to do this! Here is an example for a property viewer I'm updating. SAGIS Property Map Viewer  I also make them semi-transparent.

Instructions on how to do this are in my reply at the bottom of this thread: Move the popup widow in WAB 

DougCampbell

This a great example of what ESRI should have implemented years ago.

DanielBrenner

If there is a way to post illustrations that illustrate what I have in mind in response to the original post I would love to do it.

StuartGrey1

How is 2019 and this hasn't been implemented yet? It's core functionality that drives users up the wall.

by Anonymous User

Hi Stuart and Daniel, You can use the code I pasted here https://community.esri.com/thread/161401?commentID=596061#comment-750577 to implement. My next gen property app has it as an example... www.sagis.org 

HilaryCampbell

As much as I appreciate your input, Kevin… and I’m sure we’ll be incorporating your code in some of our apps… Stuart is right. This is core functionality which should be available out of the box, not a function we have to customize.

by Anonymous User

Hilary Campbell‌ oh I agree with you indeed.   Hm we'll see. I think it might appear later in 2019 or early 2020.

KassandraRodriguez

Please have movable popup box