Labels on/off switch in web map app

10-10-2016 07:10 AM
AlastairClinkscale
New Contributor III

In a web map application (particularly those created using the app builder) in ArcGIS Online, it would be useful to have an additional option in the pull-down menu in the Layers List widget to enable the end user to turn on/off labels.

Tags (2)
11 Comments
AnninaHirschi_Wyss1
AdelaideZumwalt1

This would be helpful. It's a pain to only be able to turn ALL labels off or on when using the print widget in web app builder. It would be nice to be able to turn them on or off in the layers list like you can in web maps. 

AndrewBarker3

How come a three year old idea is still listed as New?  I'm confused.  

It'd be great to give web users the ability to control their label display states.  

NicholasHager

Please make this happen! It would really be useful for a labels toggle in the web app be able to toggle on and off. 

KeithJ
by

Throwing in my support for this idea.  It would be useful.  

Frasne77

This.

FernandoMarin

I'll like to support this idea!

Marie-AngeFournier-Beck

Please ESRI - this should be an option!

WernerStangl_ehess

YES, badly needed feature!

Michele_Hosking

Yes please. You can do it if you add the layers widget separately but it's ugly and you have to add the legend widget as well.  There doesn't seem to be any way to customise it to make it look better either. It was way better in the Web App Builder.  Legend and layer list all in one with option to turn on/off labels and it looked ok as well (see bottom image).  But yes - just add this functionality into the existing Layers icon that is set from the options in the Map widget - that would be ideal.

Screenshot 2023-06-09 163349.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-09 163636.jpg