Chart Symbology in ArcGIS Online Map Viewer

03-26-2020 04:02 AM
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Chart Symbology is available in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Insights. Will this functionality be available in Map Viewer (ArcGIS Online/ArcGIS Enterprise) in the future?

Some users have the requirement to display polygons feature such as states boundaries using categories in ArcGIS Dashboards. However, this is not readily available in Map Viewer. The workaround is to duplicate the boundaries data for each of categories so that it can be filtered by ArcGIS Dashboards' selectors, which causes data redundancy.

Pie chart symbols showing the proportion of each policy class by state

I believe this should be doable as it is already available in Insights, which is a web app, and also web maps currently support creating charts in pop-ups, so it should be possible to do the same to the feature classes, correct?

6 Comments
VHolubec

Hello,

any news about chart symbology support in new Map Viewer in 2021?

Thank you.

ElijahAllan

Yes! Please ESRI, add this to AGOL/AGEP. I feel something very simple as chart symbology should already be available for AGOL/AGEP. The simplicity of bar and pie charts would be very helpful for young youth/grade school students learning how to use different symbiology's with ArcGIS Online.

wayfaringrob

That would be great. These dots represent the number of households in each Census tract without vehicles, but if I had the option of chart symbology like I do in Pro, I could still vary them by size, but also show the breakdown of how many people are in each household.

rburkebsrc_0-1650394127025.png

by Anonymous User

Hello all,

Has ESRI gotten around to this idea yet? Would love to incorporate this for my organization's project.

VHolubec

Hello @Anonymous User,

take a look to AGO symbology in New Map Viewer - if you choose few more variables for symbology, you will get a pie-chart symbology available:

VHolubec_0-1665559293333.png

More info also in this blogpost: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/whats-new-in-map-viewer-june-2022/

Hope it helps!

wayfaringrob

@VHolubec  thanks for sharing!