Select to view content in your preferred language

Ability to change an ArcGIS Online username

11-13-2017 02:54 PM
GenevieveMontpetit
New Contributor II

As an org administrator, I would like to be able to update a username instead of the current workaround which is to create a brand new user and move all content from the old to the new user.

Use cases: 

• A username contains a typo
  • Person changing last name
  • The organization short name is modified in the org's settings, and several user accounts reference the old short name (e.g. jsmith_myorg should now be jsmith_neworg for clarity

Workaround details from Esri support: http://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000011984

24 Comments
DaveSivertsenz

One more vote. Trying to move to SSO/SAML. Autogenerated usernames 40 characters long! Existing user names can't be standardized/updated. Content on AGOL can be migrated to new account, but finding everywhere else - including community.esri.com, support history, my.esri,  is problematic

Barlow_Benton

I would like to add an additional vote for this. This is causing the move to Single Sign On to be a bit more finicky and persnickety than it needs to be.

mmoore
by

Hello,

Any movement on this?

Thanks,

Matthew

Marc_Patti

I'm also interested to see if there are any updates on this. I appreciate the ability to add a display name for someone's ESRI profile, but there are a lot of instances where that feature isn't going to be enough.