Service Area - Show All Possible Routes??

03-24-2011 03:01 PM
LaurenMikulak
New Contributor
I am trying to show all possible 1000-foot pedestrian routes to a single point in a building, so I am using the Service Area function to show the 1000-feet network-based area serviced by the business.

In the service area Layer Properties window, under the Network Locations tab, my choices are to snap to the network dataset at the ???first??? or ???closest??? point.  This works for properties with a single access point (eg a business with one driveway that connects to a network).  For corner lots, however where the business is not equidistant from two points on the network, how can I choose ???all??? or at least show all 1000-foot routes in all directions? 

I have attached an image to illustrate my quandary.  Thank you!!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
By "All" do you mean the point would located on all nearby edges? Or are you trying to locate on edges of a certain kind that are not the "closest". If that is the case, you can specify a query which can be executed during the location to avoid certain edges. You can read more on the
"Snapping environment with Build Query" here:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/What_are_network_analysis_objects/0047...

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
LaurenMikulak
New Contributor
Jay,

The first: I am trying to have the point locate on all nearby edges.

Thank you!
0 Kudos
LaurenMikulak
New Contributor
Alan,

Thank you for your thorough explanation of how the extension functions.

Much appreciated!
0 Kudos