Service Area limited by Country using HERE NA Streetmap Premium?

Jump to solution
08-13-2015 09:33 AM
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor

Where do I put the def query such that I'm performing Service Area for only Canadian streets using the HERE NA Streetmap Premium. I tried by putting a def query on Routing_Streets to show COUNTRY = 'Canada' but it still shows service area polys into the USA

I know one of the options is to input a Line barrier like the 49th parallel across or a poly barrier, but it would be simpler to just filter on an attribute already in the HERE dataset

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor

I'm not sure it is possible to restrict the US streets from a service area solve where the locations are in Canada, unless you have a copy of the data that excludes the US.

One possible solution would be to add a polyline restriction barrier along the US/Canada border in your analysis.  If the facility locations are all in Canada, then the service area will not be able to traverse into the United States.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor

I'm not sure it is possible to restrict the US streets from a service area solve where the locations are in Canada, unless you have a copy of the data that excludes the US.

One possible solution would be to add a polyline restriction barrier along the US/Canada border in your analysis.  If the facility locations are all in Canada, then the service area will not be able to traverse into the United States.

0 Kudos
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor

One additional quick note, based on what you wrote: "I know one of the options is to input a Line barrier like the 49th parallel across or a poly barrier, but it would be simpler to just filter on an attribute already in the HERE dataset"

If you have edit access to the network dataset, then you could add a restriction attribute and use that to stop traversal into the US.  But, if you cannot edit the data itself, then you will have to use a line restriction, or some similar solution that affects the analysis layer and not the network itself.

The definition query, if you are discussing what I think you are, will only affect where the facilities locate along the network.  Once the facilities have been located, there is no place to add a query that will restrict travel along the streets.

0 Kudos
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor

That's what I figured. I'll need to create a line barrier. Might be worth to put into ideas.arcgis.com to have service area solver honour def queries set on the network dataset.

0 Kudos