Real time Routing Solution

09-08-2011 07:31 AM
TracyDeGrazia
New Contributor II
The city I work for is looking for a real-time routing solution for tree cleanup, and I know I can build a model to do the routing, but I can't figure out the first half of the solution to have a comprehensive point file for the routing to be applied to the model, because it wouldn't be me creating this, and after every "storm" it would be a different set of points.  They would need to be able to access this at any time of day, to be able to add new points when a complaint is lodged by a resident, or one is found by the clean-up crew. I am just kind of stumped on how to streamline this part.  I have network analyst.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
The city I work for is looking for a real-time routing solution for tree cleanup, and I know I can build a model to do the routing, but I can't figure out the first half of the solution to have a comprehensive point file for the routing to be applied to the model, because it wouldn't be me creating this, and after every "storm" it would be a different set of points.  They would need to be able to access this at any time of day, to be able to add new points when a complaint is lodged by a resident, or one is found by the clean-up crew. I am just kind of stumped on how to streamline this part.  I have network analyst.

This seems to me a fairly complex issue; have you considered some sort of on-line geocoding service that could interact with your networking solution?  It'll never truly be in real time as it will take time to geocode the address(es) and then add them as part of the stops.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos