Problem of using tutorial to create a network dataset

Jump to solution
07-13-2021 12:23 AM
AnnMak_hku
New Contributor

I get this error message: "Get this error message: "Error: The network dataset properties were not updated. [excetion from HRESULT: 0x80040301]" when using the tutorial data (San Diego Dataset) to create the Network Dataset from ArcGIS Pro. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello, everyone. This issue proved to be a bit weird - difficult to reliably reproduce, and some of us could and some of us couldn't. However, we believe we have fixed it. The fix will be in the upcoming ArcGIS Pro 2.9 release. For anyone reading this in the future: If you see this error in Pro 2.9 or higher, please leave a comment here with details about your workflow so we can try to figure out what we missed. Thanks.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you give some further details about your workflow? That error is unexpected, but there's not really enough information here for me to help you figure out what went wrong.

0 Kudos
Bahram-Jomehzadeh
New Contributor III

You're probably training to modify the properties of your network dataset. 

The error occurs because the network dataset properties cannot be edited while the network dataset layer is in the map. You must remove the layer (network dataset) from the map to proceed with the rest of the tutorial.

GIS Consultant
Proficient in best practices and uses of Esri's ArcGIS technologies.
0 Kudos
AnnMak_hku
New Contributor
Thanks. I guess this is the reason why I cannot edit the ND file. I'll
try. Thanks again for your help.
0 Kudos
Bahram-Jomehzadeh
New Contributor III

Can you give Kudos, please! if you found this useful!

GIS Consultant
Proficient in best practices and uses of Esri's ArcGIS technologies.
0 Kudos
DanielMcCurdy23
New Contributor II

I made it all the way to the Build the network dataset section of this tutorial and have gotten the same error "Error: The network dataset properties were not updated. [Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040301]" I don't have the Network dataset layer open on my map either as the tutorial tells you to remove it from the map.

0 Kudos
DanielMcCurdy23
New Contributor II

It seems like if you cancel out of properties and go back into the properties and click okay though, the error no longer shows up and it updates the information anyhow. Just a weird error, wondering why it comes up in the first place?

AustinRobak
New Contributor

I had the same result. 

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I was able to reproduce the problem reported here. We are investigating.