Network  Analysis License or any other alternative solution

07-19-2011 11:49 PM
jagadeeshrao
New Contributor
Hello everyone,

I need to publish the network analysis service in Arc GIS Server manager. Before going to this i have to create new network dataset using Arc toolbox or network analyst tool in Arc MAP.

When i was opened network analyst tool in Arc MAP, the toolbar options are not visible, and when i was click  network analyst tool in Arc toolbox its asking "do not have any network analysis license".

In Network analysis service i need to find out the shortest route from one street name to another street name along with distance.

How i can get the license to create the network service or without license is there any possibility to create the new network dataset in network analyst toolbar

Jagadeesh
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Hello everyone,

How i can get the license to create the network service or without license is there any possibility to create the new network dataset in network analyst toolbar

Jagadeesh

Network Analyst is a licensed (fee-based) extension of ESRI.  You need to pay for it, register it and get the proper license key code to allow it's use.  With what your thread states it sounds like you haven't done any of this.  If you have, you need to turn on the extension by clicking the Tools menu, selecting Extensions, and checking Network Analysis.

You will need licensed for Network Analysis in order to publish a network service in addition to any desktop installation where  you create your mxd's.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
shaileshgavathe
Occasional Contributor II
I was playing with the sample that ESRI provided for routing network.

I was able to view the map document fine. But i was unable to publish the map to AGS. It keeps on saying "Could not obtain a license for NetworkServer".

We do have a desktop network analyst extension. Would that be enough to publish the service or we need ArcGIS Server Network Analyst license as well ???

Our license file says as below as license levels.
3dserver , arcgisserver, arcsdeserver, svrenterprise, svrstandard,

Can anyone tell me please, what license level would i need?

Thanks ...
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
I was playing with the sample that ESRI provided for routing network.

I was able to view the map document fine. But i was unable to publish the map to AGS. It keeps on saying "Could not obtain a license for NetworkServer".

We do have a desktop network analyst extension. Would that be enough to publish the service or we need ArcGIS Server Network Analyst license as well ???

Our license file says as below as license levels.
3dserver , arcgisserver, arcsdeserver, svrenterprise, svrstandard,

Can anyone tell me please, what license level would i need?

Thanks ...

You might want to double check with your ESRI customer service rep, but I am under the impression that in order to use NA in a published service, you need NA for Server.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos