Network dataset

04-01-2021 10:45 AM
GulnaraAkhmetshina
New Contributor II

Hello! I am learning Network Analyst now. 

У меня есть вопрос

Я хочу создать новый набор сетевых данных для работы с Network Analyst в ArcMap 10.6 или ArcGIS Pro. У меня есть файл формы дорог. Эти дороги имеют атрибуты: название, тип, однопутная дорога, длина, минуты, скорость.

Достаточно ли этого для создания нового набора сетевых данных? Я смотрел видео уроки, и там у дорог были атрибуты: иерархия, F_ZLEV, T_ZLEV.

Как я могу получить эти атрибуты (иерархия, F_ZLEV, T_ZLEV)?? Или как я могу их измерить?

С помощью Network Analyst я хочу создать зоны обслуживания для пешеходов.

Помогите мне, пожалуйста. Большое вам спасибо!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

For a basic network to do pedestrian service areas I wouldn't worry about those extra attributes too much.  Some cases for elevation would be rare occurrences of pedestrian bridges over paths etc I guess.

0 Kudos
GulnaraAkhmetshina
New Contributor II

Thank you!

How can I measure hierarchy? When I create pedestrian routes Network Analyst make routes by highway (in real life person can not go there). Should I delete all types of roads which belong to cars and leave roads only for pedestrian (type = footway)? Or there is another way for choosing roads for pedestrians?

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

pedestrian routes are pretty tricky.  Most roads will all be connected in some way, but a network dataset only having footways will probably take some strange routes or not find a route at all because there is no connection between paths across a dividing road.

Hopefully the data will have some crossing points/connections etc. to mitigate against this.  Again people don't necessarily need a designated crossing point to cross a road either.

This isn't from experience, just my thoughts.  Perhaps there's a few articles about pedestrian network datasets or hopefully someone here has some experience of network analysis with them and sorting the data out for it.

0 Kudos
GulnaraAkhmetshina
New Contributor II

Ok. Thank you for answering!

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

You can add restrictions for roads that pedestrian's should not travel along. You do not need to delete these roads. You can also add "Avoid" restrictions on roads where people should not walk if that is the only way to get somewhere. That way those roads are not taken unless that is the only way.

You can use travel modes to set up a walking travel mode where you choose the walking impedance attribute and the restrictions to use. Similarly you can set up a driving travel mode.  I will suggest that you take a look at the tutorial network datasets to see how some of these things are setup. 

Network Analyst ArcGIS Pro Tutorial Data

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
GulnaraAkhmetshina
New Contributor II

Thank you a lot!

0 Kudos