Network Analyst Connectivity in Streets and Bike Paths

Jump to solution
08-23-2017 08:32 AM
DanSeidensticker
Occasional Contributor

I'm building a simple (or so I thought), network using two features; streets and bike paths, but I'm unable to get Network Analyst to use the connections where a bike path crosses a street.  The route result takes a major detour as shown In the attached image. The streets are gray; bike path is green.

Both the street and bike path features have populated from/to elevation and one way fields.  I have both features in one connectivity group set to Any Vertex (also tried End Point for both).

Any thoughts on what I'm missing? When doing the route analysis it works correctly when both the origin and destination are on streets, or both on a bike path, but not not when one is a bike path and the other on a street.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DanSeidensticker
Occasional Contributor

The problem is with using Elevation fields and Any Vertex Connectivity: Problem: Connectivity isn't established properly when using an Any Vertex connectivity policy and el...

My solution was to merge the two features classes and split the lines at intersections before building them into the network and then use End Point Connectivity. Be sure to update any necessary fields after spitting the lines such as those with distance.