Network Analyst 10.1 Service Area help

Jump to solution
06-11-2013 04:27 PM
JasonVaree
New Contributor
I've just started using Arc 10.1 and would appreciate any help regarding the Network Analyst extension.

I've created a new service area analysis and everything runs fine except for the fact that the cost analysis is only returning one type of road (Highways) and I'd like to take into account all types.  Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance![ATTACH=CONFIG]25214[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor
Did you make your own network dataset?  If so, it looks like your side roads might not actually be connected to your highway.  The side roads have to actually touch the highway, and, additionally, there must be either an endpoint or a vertex on both the highway and the side roads at the point where they touch.  Your network dataset's connectivity policy must be set to End Point or Any Vertex, depending on whether you decide to use end points or vertices at the points of intersection.

If you find there are NOT any endpoints or vertices in the correct locations, you can use the Split Line at Points tool or the Integrate toool to fix it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor
Did you make your own network dataset?  If so, it looks like your side roads might not actually be connected to your highway.  The side roads have to actually touch the highway, and, additionally, there must be either an endpoint or a vertex on both the highway and the side roads at the point where they touch.  Your network dataset's connectivity policy must be set to End Point or Any Vertex, depending on whether you decide to use end points or vertices at the points of intersection.

If you find there are NOT any endpoints or vertices in the correct locations, you can use the Split Line at Points tool or the Integrate toool to fix it.
0 Kudos
JasonVaree
New Contributor
Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos