ArcGIS Pro 2.5: The drop-down menu of the “type” of “evaluators” of “attributes” of “network dataset” appears not to have “field” option,

Jump to solution
04-15-2020 09:16 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.5: The drop-down menu of the “type” of “evaluators” of “attributes” of “network dataset” appears not to have “field” option,

I observed that the drop-down menu of the “type” of “evaluators” of “attributes” of “network dataset” appears not to have “field” option.

Is this by design?

This used to be available in ArcMap as shown in the screenshot below

#jay sandhu

#melinda morang

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, sorry about that.  We have not yet fully completed the user interface implementation for the evaluator dialogs, so the experience right now is pretty terrible.

If you just want to use a simple field (no complex calculations), just enter the field name in the Result box.  If the Language is VBScript, put square brackets around the field name: [Time_Min].  If the Language is Python, put exclamation points around the field name: !TIme_Min!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

"Field" has been renamed to "Field Script".

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you Melinda for the input.

In the screenshot below, I wanted to choose the “Time_min” field as an evaluator but I couldn’t figure out how to perform this. May you please help me on this?

Jamal Numan
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, sorry about that.  We have not yet fully completed the user interface implementation for the evaluator dialogs, so the experience right now is pretty terrible.

If you just want to use a simple field (no complex calculations), just enter the field name in the Result box.  If the Language is VBScript, put square brackets around the field name: [Time_Min].  If the Language is Python, put exclamation points around the field name: !TIme_Min!

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you for the help.

It tried [Time_Min] but the result is not as expected. However, I explored the default settings for the “length” cost and found out that field set there is [Shape] that is not any field in the attribute table.

What could be the issue here?

Jamal Numan
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

With same settings, the result in Pro don’t match the one in ArcMap. The cost is taken based on “time_min” field.

What could be the issue here (the data is attached)?

Jamal Numan
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

The status of the Pro network dataset says Not Built. So Build the network and the service area will work.

Also note that in general, the same network dataset for ArcMap can be used in Pro. You do not need to have two different geodatabases unless you have some other reasons to do so.

Jay Sandhu

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Very much appreciated Jay for the help and support.

Jamal Numan
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

You can look at how the tutorial network dataset's like Paris have the costs and restrictions setup for examples of setting up evaluators.

Jay Sandhu