Adding Incidents and Facilities to a Closest Facility in Model Builder

02-03-2011 02:33 AM
deleted-user-p7EuYBBC3iNj
New Contributor
Hello,
I am trying to use model builder to work out Closest Facility. My goal is to input a selection of households and a set of facilities. Work out how far the nearest facility is to each household. Establish which ones are over the distance criteria and display these on a map - therefore identifying areas of need that are not currently being served.
I am trying to use model builder as this will be repeated again and again! I have created my network dataset and have both my facilities and incidents (household selection). I just don't know how to load these into the Closest Facility tool. Attached is a picture of my model so far.
Once I have managed to get the outputs I then want to join my data back together so for each incident I know the distance to the facility - and can select the ones I want to display. Is there an easy way to do this - I always want to join things back up afterwards and am surprised Network Analyst doesn't do this automatically.
Thank you for your help,
Laura Denny
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Take a look at the NA tutorial on how to use the Route solve. It shows how locations can be loaded into an analysis layer.
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/Exercise_6_Creating_a_model_for_route_...

Regards,
Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos
TheresaGarske
New Contributor
Hi,

I think I have a problem similar to the above mentioned:
While trying to model my network analysis (finding closest facility) I have trouble including the incidents and facilities. So far I added them with the tool "Adding Location", once for the facilities and also once for the locations. My model looks like this now...
but gives me the report "All the inputs are not current" after running the model
plus no real result, even though I checked "Add to display".

Is there anybody having an idea?

Theresa
0 Kudos
NseEsema
New Contributor
Theresa, you might need to validate the model before running it. If any of the parts of your model have a shadow then this is an indication that you need to validate the model. You do this by clicking the check mark next to the run button.

Hope that helps.

Nse
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
When you do Add Locations, you have to specify what kind of locations you are loading. By default it is set to the first choice. In the case of Closest Facility that will be "Facilities". So open up the second load locations where you want to load the incidents, and the second item on that menu is titled "Sub Layer". Change that to Incidents and save your model and re-run it.

Jay Sandhu
0 Kudos