You are not licenced to use Navigator (Android)

Jump to solution
12-20-2016 12:32 PM
ИванМехедов
New Contributor II

I have two Portals. Configurations of both Portals are similar. Both have Navigator entitlements imported in (from the same entitlements file).

When logging in Navigator (Android) using the first Portal named user credentials, everything is OK.

When logging in Navigator (Android) using the second Portal named user credentials, i get a message saying that my user is not licenced to use Navigator.

The error is reproducable on any Android device (3G, WIFI) and is not reproducable on any iOS device (we can log into Navigator using both Portals from iOS devices).

So what can be the problem with it? What Portal settings should we check out?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Ivan, this is a bug in Android, and we will be fixing it within the next update of Navigator Android.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello Ivan,

When you license Navigator and receive a entitlements file for your Portal, it is for deployment with one Portal. Using that same entitlements file in multiple Portals would be against the licensing terms of use.

The inconsistency across iOS and Android leads me to believe something isn't right - let me/us try to reproduce and get back to you...

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Ivan, For the Portal that does not work...

Does it have the setting to allows anonymous logins or not? 

Is it using web-tier authentication?

ИванМехедов
New Contributor II

Scott, the Portal which does not allow Navigator to connect, does not have an option of anonymous login set. I tried to set it and it worked!

So we cant use Navigator for Android in our organization due to this issue (anonymous login is prohibited)?

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Ivan, this is a bug in Android, and we will be fixing it within the next update of Navigator Android.

ИванМехедов
New Contributor II

Thank you Scott

0 Kudos
ИванМехедов
New Contributor II

Scott, may you share the exact date of the new Navigator Android release with this bug fixed? 

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Ivan,

Today we have released an update to Navigator for ArcGIS on Android.  This 2.0.1 update corrects a bug that can prevent Navigator from logging into a Portal that does not allow anonymous access.

ИванМехедов
New Contributor II

Thank you.

We've just checked - it works now.

TroyBum72
Occasional Contributor

@ Scott Sandusky I believe we hit this today with 10.4.1 portal and Navigator 2.0.0 iOS.  We are curious to know if/when a 2.0.1 release for iOS might be released to correct the problem for us?  We are in the middle of a huge deployment project.  I have an open case:  01920842.  Thanks!

0 Kudos