Select to view content in your preferred language

What credentials to use for Secure Feature Service

Jump to solution
07-20-2023 05:05 AM
EricAnderson_DHS
Frequent Contributor

When creating a secure feature service tied to a Collection, what credentials do you use to access it? I tried the primary admin account for Monitor, and also the primary admin account for Portal, and neither work. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Eric,

Yes, it should work. After enabling the IIS rewrite rule, did you modify Monitor's Web Context URL?

GeoJosh_0-1690226634360.png

If not, this may be playing a part in the issue you're seeing. Try modifying the Web Context URL to reflect the rewrite rule, restart Monitor, and see if the issue persists.

Josh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello, the administrator account you created during the initial Monitor setup should work. Can you share the exact behavior you're seeing?

EricAnderson_DHS
Frequent Contributor

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply - we are getting an "Invalid token" error when trying to register the service in our Portal as an item with embedded credentials (Content > Add Item > From URL). 

If it is in fact supposed to be the Monitor admin account, then I assume the issue has to do with the IIS rewrite that we implemented to make Monitor accessible without the IP/port based on the blog from the Monitor team. Do you know if this authentication is still supposed to work fine when accessing the secure service via IIS rewrite? 

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Eric,

Yes, it should work. After enabling the IIS rewrite rule, did you modify Monitor's Web Context URL?

GeoJosh_0-1690226634360.png

If not, this may be playing a part in the issue you're seeing. Try modifying the Web Context URL to reflect the rewrite rule, restart Monitor, and see if the issue persists.

Josh

EricAnderson_DHS
Frequent Contributor

Ah thank you Josh, I didn't see that step in the blog. I will give that a shot, thanks!

Connecting to ArcGIS Monitor 2023 through IIS - Esri Community

0 Kudos