Server setup recommendations for setting up ArcGIS Monitor.

Jump to solution
12-13-2018 05:22 PM
MattTenold2
New Contributor II

We are getting ready to set up ArcGIS Monitor and I am curious how many servers are needed for a basic centralized deployment.  According to the documentation it looks like only one or two servers is needed.  One for the Monitor Service and one for the DB, the monitor administrator, monitor server and the reporting server.  Is that correct?  Can everything be on one 8 core VM?

I am a bit confused looking at the document here.  Deployment scenarios—ArcGIS Monitor | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

A single machine is sufficient for most cases. See ArcGIS Monitor system requirements—ArcGIS Monitor | ArcGIS Enterprise

Hardware requirements

A dedicated server machine with 4 CPU cores, 16 GB RAM, and an additional 2 CPU cores and 4 GB RAM per monitor service.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

A single machine is sufficient for most cases. See ArcGIS Monitor system requirements—ArcGIS Monitor | ArcGIS Enterprise

Hardware requirements

A dedicated server machine with 4 CPU cores, 16 GB RAM, and an additional 2 CPU cores and 4 GB RAM per monitor service.

0 Kudos
KirkChesla
New Contributor III

Can you connect the ArcGIS Monitor service to a Mongo DB on a remote linux server?  We are not allowed to run free versions of software for production instances at my Agency.  We have a couple production licenses for these linux db servers already and would like to utilize these current licenses. 

0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

Yes, it is possible.  We would have to walk you through a few undocumented steps. Please email ArcGISMonitor@esri.com and someone we'll help you configure this.

0 Kudos