Problem adding Amazon Counter

Jump to solution
04-17-2019 03:01 PM
MikeSchonlau
Occasional Contributor III

When I try to add my Amazon Counter, I'm getting this error:

"UnauthorizedOperation: You are not authorized to perform this operation."

I'm wondering if my IAM user is configured correctly. I've only added two permissions (per the 10.7 Monitor documentation):

I set the Sample Interval to 15 minutes because not all of my EC2 instances have Detailed Monitoring Enabled. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael,

Check if you have RDS or ELB inside Amazon. Lack of access might be the reason for this error. Refer to the Amazon documentation on Authentication and Access Control - Amazon Relational Database Service or

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing/latest/userguide/load-balancer-authentication-acces... for more info.

Hope it helps,

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael,

Check if you have RDS or ELB inside Amazon. Lack of access might be the reason for this error. Refer to the Amazon documentation on Authentication and Access Control - Amazon Relational Database Service or

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing/latest/userguide/load-balancer-authentication-acces... for more info.

Hope it helps,

John

0 Kudos
Leighton0
New Contributor III

We have the same issue as described at the beginning of this Question but we do not have RDS or a load balancer. What else can we check?

Thank you,

Leighton

0 Kudos
Leighton0
New Contributor III

We were missing a permission on the Amazon side.
1) Launched the Amazon Console.
   1.1) Navigated to the ArcGIS Monitor user's properties. Check to make sure the account has been assigned to a group.
2) If this account is not assigned a group then Assigned user to a read only group.
3) Relaunch ArcGIS Monitor.

Here are the permissions you need:

Hope this helps,

Leighton

0 Kudos