Select to view content in your preferred language

New-CimSession : WinRM cannot process the request. The following error with errorcode 0x80090311 occurred while using

Jump to solution
07-13-2023 02:14 PM
naveenbesri
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

In Monitoring tab when I try to register a windows component, I am facing the below issue. 

naveenbesri_0-1689282854742.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
naveenbesri
Frequent Contributor

Hi @GeoJosh @ReeseFacendini  opened case with esri support team. I think we need wait for a updated version of Monitor. below is the information. 

• Issue:
    • Got error when trying to register a windows component in ArcGIS Monitor
    • Initial error message: New-CimSession: WinRM cannot process the request. The following error with errorcode 0x80090311 occurred while using...
    • New error message: NewCIMSession - Access Denied.
    • ArcGIS Monitor 2023.1
  • Resolution:  

Thanks,

Naveen

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

For the address, are you using an IP address or the full domain name of the machine (machine1.domain.com)?

0 Kudos
naveenbesri
Frequent Contributor

Hi @ReeseFacendini ,  I am using full domain name while registering it.

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, are you specifying a user that is local to the target machine or a domain user?

0 Kudos
AlexBakhtin
Occasional Contributor

We also ran into this issue while working on registering a Windows host that was not domain joined and tried using a local administrator account via the FQDN. We worked around this by installing the Monitor Agent on the machine and using that agent to register the problematic host. If there is a better way to resolve this we would also benefit from that.

Thanks!

Alex Bakhtin
0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AlexBakhtin and @naveenbesri,

During registration, can you please try putting the address of the Windows host before the username like in the screenshot below? Let me know if this makes a difference.

GeoJosh_0-1689770764531.png

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
AlexBakhtin
Occasional Contributor

We get the same WinRM error as before, looks like it is slightly different than the topic's error though:

AlexBakhtin_0-1689773326253.png

We also see these errors show up in Administration --> Logs. Not sure if it is related to us trying to register this component or not related at all:

AlexBakhtin_1-1689773413852.png

Alex Bakhtin
0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for testing that, Alex. Can you open a case with support regarding this issue? I think this will require a closer look than what I can provide over this forum.

0 Kudos
naveenbesri
Frequent Contributor

Hi @GeoJosh @ReeseFacendini  opened case with esri support team. I think we need wait for a updated version of Monitor. below is the information. 

• Issue:
    • Got error when trying to register a windows component in ArcGIS Monitor
    • Initial error message: New-CimSession: WinRM cannot process the request. The following error with errorcode 0x80090311 occurred while using...
    • New error message: NewCIMSession - Access Denied.
    • ArcGIS Monitor 2023.1
  • Resolution:  

Thanks,

Naveen

AlexBakhtin
Occasional Contributor

I believe we also have a special character in our account password (!) so that makes sense. Thank you for the information! We did end up using the local monitor agent as our work around in this instance.

Alex Bakhtin
0 Kudos