Select to view content in your preferred language

Manage users in ArcGIS Monitor

Jump to solution
09-13-2022 04:14 PM
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

How do I get access to mange users in ArcGIS Monitor. 

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/monitor/10.6/administration/manage-user-permissions.htm

When I follow the steps in this documentation I don't see Permissions on the menu bar... 

forestknutsen1_0-1663110757221.png

I do have a user name and password for an additional user but I am not sure how to get logged in as them from the server side.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Based on the lack of seeing permission information, that says to me the user you are logged in as doesn't have administrative access to that collection in the first place and won't be able to set that for any other users. 

In the ArcGIS Monitor Administrator app main window when it opens, you can add additional connections (as different users) to the same ArcGIS Monitor instance. It will show up as another tile-like object, and allow you to log in under multiple accounts to verify access.

Something to keep in mind, if users are going to be viewing the information through the web-based dashboard, they only need read access to the collection. Only users who will be actively adjusting the connections in ArcGIS Monitor, using ArcGIS Monitor Administrator, will need read / write or Admin access. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Based on the lack of seeing permission information, that says to me the user you are logged in as doesn't have administrative access to that collection in the first place and won't be able to set that for any other users. 

In the ArcGIS Monitor Administrator app main window when it opens, you can add additional connections (as different users) to the same ArcGIS Monitor instance. It will show up as another tile-like object, and allow you to log in under multiple accounts to verify access.

Something to keep in mind, if users are going to be viewing the information through the web-based dashboard, they only need read access to the collection. Only users who will be actively adjusting the connections in ArcGIS Monitor, using ArcGIS Monitor Administrator, will need read / write or Admin access. 

forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Perfect! I got logged in as the power user and got the users all sorted out. Thanks!

0 Kudos