License Monitoring Extension Error

03-22-2018 08:56 AM
BrianCollins
Occasional Contributor

From my peer in our Data & Systems Team who is setting up our ArcGIS Monitor environment:

---------------------------------------------

When I go to use/follow the instructions associated with the LICENSE EXTENSION item located here https://arcgismonitor.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=086ab6e82d0f4506b16a6d335fadc961 on the ESRI ArcGIS Monitoring Gallery website I have an issue.

I follow the instructions as outlined in the PDF that ESRI supplied and get to step 4 and have the issue.  When I select the NEW EXT I should get a config page/screen on the right side of the ArcGIS Monitor Administrator interface, but instead it is blank.  I have restarted the ArcGIS Monitoring server, open and closed the ArcGIS Monitor Administrator interface several times and copied over the file again from the license server, and the error is still the same.

---------------------------------------------

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brian,

Check the lmutil.exe was downloaded and placed in the bin folder <Drive>:\ArcGIS Monitor Administrator\resources\app\bin. Then close and restart ArcGIS Monitor Administrator to add a new Ext. The lmutil.exe is not included with ArcGIS Monitor or License extension, since we cannot distribute the utility. If you need more help with ArcGIS Monitor extensions, Esri Professional Services offers consulting support: http://www.esri.com/arcgis/services/consulting

0 Kudos
OlivierDemars1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have the same error. I followed the instructions, copied lmutil.exe in bin and restarted ArcGIS Monitor Administrator. When I click on New Ext, the right side stays blank. The only think I did differently is not to download the 2010 lmutil.exe on originaldll.com (as per the link) and used instead the lmutil.exe from my 10.6 ArcGIS Enterprise.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
OlivierDemars1
New Contributor III

OK, figured it out, you need an extension with a folder already installed in bin for the right panel to propose extensions including License.

0 Kudos