Select to view content in your preferred language

How to configure IIS Webadaptor component in ArcGIS Monitor 2023?

Jump to solution
02-14-2023 05:17 AM
VarunKakkar
New Contributor II

Hello,

How to configure the IIS Webadaptor component in ArcGIS Monitor 2023?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

Web adaptors cannot be registered as components in the current release of ArcGIS Monitor. This is a feature that is being considered for a future release.

Josh

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The ArcGIS Web Adaptor does not support connections with ArcGIS Monitor. A reverse proxy can be implemented in IIS to forward traffic from 443 to 30443.

FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Reese,

I've set up IIS with ARR 3.0 and Url Rewrite and have a simple rule to rewrite traffic from 443 to 30443 - have you got a sample / example IIS rewrite rule I could compare with to check I haven't missed any config?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

This is the rule that I have in place to forward traffic.

FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for that - appreciate it! Was very similar to what I have which is reassuring. Thanks for sharing.

Fraser

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

Web adaptors cannot be registered as components in the current release of ArcGIS Monitor. This is a feature that is being considered for a future release.

Josh

VarunKakkar
New Contributor II

Hello @GeoJosh ,

Thank you for your response! Just wanted to ask one additional point the IIS extension was available in 10.8.1, which allowed all usage to be studied for Hosted layers. Attached is the screenshot :

VarunKakkar_0-1676454653651.png

and Will the extension will be supported and will similar metrics are expected in the next release? 

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for this feedback. Web adaptor monitoring is not planned to be included in the next release of Monitor but it will certainly be considered for a future version.

Josh

0 Kudos
VarunKakkar
New Contributor II

Thanks, @GeoJosh! Looking forward to these features in the next release.

Varun

0 Kudos