Select to view content in your preferred language

Failed to retrieve license information

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Dan_Brumm
Frequent Contributor

Recently upgraded from 2023 to 2024. I used a new 2024 monitor license with the upgrade.   When I click on the license tab I am met with a message saying. 

No License

Update your license and click the "Refresh" button below to view license information.

There is an error message at the bottom of the screen: 

Failed to retrieve license information

I re-applied the license file but it makes no difference. 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Dan_Brumm,

Please confirm with your admin that they downloaded the new and different ArcGIS Monitor 2024.0 license file from My Esri. FYI, the file was renamed and changed from the one used for Monitor 2023.x.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Doga_SEZER
Emerging Contributor

Hi @Dan_Brumm,

You have to use new license code from my esri for ArcGIS Monitor 2024. There is a new one for 2024. I've faced this one during our upgrade process.

Best regards,

Doğa SEZER

Lead Technical Analyst

Dan_Brumm
Frequent Contributor

I received a new 2024 license file from our admin. I noticed that the authorization number was the same as my 2023 license. I don't know if that has anything to do with this issue? 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Dan_Brumm,

Please confirm with your admin that they downloaded the new and different ArcGIS Monitor 2024.0 license file from My Esri. FYI, the file was renamed and changed from the one used for Monitor 2023.x.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Dan_Brumm
Frequent Contributor

ESRI tech support informed me about the new licensing model for 2024. Our admin is working on getting the license. 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd