Error setting up AWS Counter in ArcGIS Monitor: "NetworkingError: connect ETIMEDOUT..."

Jump to solution
07-21-2021 01:12 AM
davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to configure the Amazon counter in ArcGIS Monitor (v10.8) at a client site. They have set up an AWS user account according to the instructions on the Esri website, and I've followed the same instructions to add the Amazon counter, but when I test it I get the following error: "NetworkingError: connect ETIMEDOUT ".

Has anyone come across this before?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

Tech support have confirmed that:

At this point in time web proxies and Monitor are not supported.

I've raised this as an ArcGIS Idea.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

The troubleshooting pages refer to an ETIMEDOUT error, but this appears to be related to the ArcGIS Server counter:

If the ArcGIS Server test results in an ETIMEDOUT error, the ArcGIS Server log file is too large to read before the request times out. Back up and delete the ArcGIS Server logs using ArcGIS Server Manager to resolve the issue. The log level and log content for your ArcGIS Server should be checked for errors to determine why the log file was so large.

Does anyone know if this is also true for the Amazon counter? IS this caused by the Amazon logs being too large to read before the request times out?

0 Kudos
davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

Looks like the Amazon logs being too large to read is *not* the issue. Appears as though the ArcGIS Monitor network traffic is not being sent through the corporate web proxy so it's not getting to its destination. I'm investigating how to fix this.

0 Kudos
davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

Tech support have confirmed that:

At this point in time web proxies and Monitor are not supported.

I've raised this as an ArcGIS Idea.

0 Kudos