Select to view content in your preferred language

EGDB Feature Request Metrics

06-10-2024 11:01 AM
GJameson
New Contributor II

Hello -

ArcGIS Monitor does a great job with request metrics on hosted feature layers as part of the ArcGIS Enterprise. However, with referenced data (published from our EGDB), the request data is not there on any layer except for map service requests. This looks to be a per tile rather than per feature. Is there a way to have request metrics on the feature service side as well as the map service?

Here is our Monitor data with a split between hosted (feature service) and EGDB (only map service) layers. The difference is 10x between them when we have applications requesting EGDB referenced feature layers.

Montior example.JPG

For example, our snow plan data is in our EGDB and shared as web layer using data by reference which supports a map service and feature service. These both exist on ArcGIS Rest Services Directory but ArcGIS Monitor only grabs the map service piece. The requests metrics are only for the map service side when used.

2 Replies
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

To clarify, ArcGIS Monitor reports requests against all map service capabilities, including feature access.  Is this your question?

AndrewSakowicz_0-1718053462077.png

GJameson
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew - Yes, I believe that is the core of my question. I tested our deployment of ArcGIS Monitor on a referenced layer with feature access enabled. It looks like it aggregates requests from both the map service and feature service together. I think this is the difference of seeing two layers in Portal versus its actual published in Server Manager. I learned another thing of Enterprise.

In short, map service loads are much less in requests than feature service loads when running web apps. ArcGIS Monitor aggregates both together as it is the same service.

0 Kudos