Select to view content in your preferred language

Credentials will be inherited from the ArcGIS Monitor process account

10-12-2023 07:12 AM
SteveMcCarthy
Regular Contributor

We have TSA requirements to update our passwords regularly and I can change the password for the servers I'm monitoring.  My current setting is "Inherit Credentials" which says "Credentials will be inherited from the ArcGIS Monitor process account"  What is the "ArcGIS Monitor process account"?

SteveMcCarthy_0-1697119904658.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The "ArcGIS Monitor process account" is the local machine or domain account used to initially install the software, just like with ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, etc. (i.e. a service account).

SteveMcCarthy
Regular Contributor

I get this error when I use the ArcGIS Monitor process account to update server passwords.

SteveMcCarthy_0-1697138358138.png

0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

To clarify, you updated the password of the user that runs the arcgis monitor windows service (server and/or agents).  Then restarted this service successfully.  And after that host components throw this error?  Is it when you try to register component?

AndrewSakowicz_0-1697557992580.png

SteveMcCarthy
Regular Contributor

@AndrewSakowicz This is the account we changed to password on and the same account I getting the error listed above.  Is there still several characters that can not be used in the password for Monitor 2023.2?

SteveMcCarthy_0-1697567220591.png

0 Kudos