Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Monitor 2023 using AWS managed services

Jump to solution
04-13-2023 10:59 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Frequent Contributor

Hi there,

I have 2 questions

1. As the application now supports PostgreSQL database, could AWS Aurora PostgreSQL RDS be used instead?
  2. Having ArcGIS Enterprise in AWS with HA requirements, how would you implement ArcGIS Monitor in HA? This leads on from my first question about using a managed database.

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

We verified: AWS Aurora PostgreSQL RDS works. 

As far as Active/Passive,  the main challenge I see is that server and agents config files would have to be synchronized between Active and Passive nodes, see above back up help url.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

1. We are running validation tests and will update our documentation shortly. 2.  ArcGIS Monitor server or agent don't have HA capabilities.  however, if the PG repository is in HA, restoring ArcGIS Monitor instance might be fairly quick.  If this is not possible, users can back on and restore to new instance,  see https://doc.arcgis.com/en/monitor/latest/administration/windows/back-up-and-restore-your-deployment....

AnthonyRyanEQL
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for this. As this will be all sitting in AWS, if I have Monitor sitting in an active/passive type of arrangement behind a load balancer, Would something like that work after your tests have confirmed AWS Aurora PostgreSQL RDS works as the HA database?

0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

We verified: AWS Aurora PostgreSQL RDS works. 

As far as Active/Passive,  the main challenge I see is that server and agents config files would have to be synchronized between Active and Passive nodes, see above back up help url.