Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Monitor 2023.2 - ArcGIS Server services status and its metrics status shown as 'Unknown' instead of Nominal (alerting is ON)

08-02-2024 01:28 AM
NaveenK
Occasional Contributor

Hello Guys,

ArcGIS Server services status and its metrics status showing as 'Unknown' instead of Nominal despite alerting being set on certain metrics.

NaveenK_0-1722586868790.pngNaveenK_1-1722586973439.png

Toggling the alerting OFF/ON  puts the status back to 'Nominal'.  This may be a workaround but can't do this for all the services (and its metrics).

Thanks,

Naveen

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @NaveenK 

Would it be possible to attempt and restart the ArcGIS Monitor Server Service on the machine? It may be hung up with cached or invalid data that would put it into an unknown state.

Cody

NaveenK
Occasional Contributor

@CodyPatterson - I did this multiple times but no luck

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @NaveenK,

This might be related to a bug in the older component status model. Please upgrade to the latest ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1 release. Or if you can, wait for the ArcGIS Monitor 2024.0 release which will be coming out in later this month.

Hope this helps,

Dan_Brumm
Frequent Contributor

Can you give us a preview of what v2024.0 will bring?

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Dan_Brumm,

Apologies for the late follow up. ArcGIS Monitor 2024.0 will include the following:

• Updated deployment architecture
  • ArcGIS Monitor Agent will have a "discover" capability
  • New Dataviews 
  • New Analysis view samples
  • New Command Line Interface (CLI) to Monitor post-installation  

A blog that describes each of these items in more detail will be published when Monitor 2024.0 is released.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
NaveenK
Occasional Contributor

Ok. Thanks @DerekLaw 

0 Kudos
Shawn_NG
Occasional Contributor

Hey @NaveenK , check if the connectivity observer is working fine for the site (in your case ArcGIS Server 1). I have observed that if there is an issue with the observer, the metrics is not collected for either the parent and the child component. 

Click on Monitoring tab >> open settings for ArcGIS Server 1 >> Observers.  Does any of the connectivity observers have a red x mark next to it?

NaveenK
Occasional Contributor

Hello @Shawn_NG - I don't see any red x mark to connectivity observers. However, when I checked the logs for these ones (Like discover, metric), it says run failed. So, looks like some issue with observers. 

0 Kudos
NaveenK
Occasional Contributor

@DerekLaw - I tried to unregister ArcGIS server. It has removed all the ArcGIS server services but not the actual ArcGIS server component. It does not allow the re-register the same ArcGIS server again and comes up with error message - "A duplicate was found - Operation cannot proceed". I will open a new thread on it as well. How to get it completely removed ?

0 Kudos