ArcGIS Monitor 2023.1 Upgrade Failure - There is a problem with this Windows Installer package custom action removeServerPassword script error

05-04-2023 12:38 PM
AlexBakhtin
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

In attempting to upgrade Monitor 2023.0 to 2023.1, we ran into an issue where the installation would fail and then rollback the installation. Our first attempt in doing this caused our ArcGIS Monitor installation location to completely disappear save for three log files in ArcGIS/Monitor/bin/:

• arcgis-monitor-server-service.err
  • arcgis-monitor-server-service.out
  • arcgis-monitor-server-service.wrapper

We managed to recover from a snapshot and get back up and running again. In trying to download the installer a second time, we checked the checksum and confirmed that it was correct however in trying to run through the upgrade, we were met with the same error again.

65BC35F7C463D731F690246B7FF95967D68030C3449A7793B05815F142FE7190

AlexBakhtin_0-1683228850579.png

In looking in Event Viewer, we see the full message:

Product: ArcGIS Monitor 2023.1 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action removeServerPassword script error -2146827864, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object required: 'WScript' Line 17, Column 1,

Not sure if anyone else is running into this issue with the latest installer but wanted to see if anyone else ran into issues upgrading.

Thanks.

Alex Bakhtin
24 Replies
BrandonCranfield
New Contributor II
I was entering the password manually every time I was attempting to install
the application. That's interesting that you were able to get it to work,
though.
0 Kudos
Mike_Tulis
New Contributor II

Hello everyone. I am trying to install ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3 using gMSA and I am getting the same installation error 1772. I suspect it is related to the issue discussed here. Could someone please share with me the fix/workaround? Please and thank you. 

ArcGISMonitorError1722.png

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Mike_Tulis,

I just replied back to your email regarding your post.

Hope it helps,

0 Kudos
ChadCooperROK
New Contributor

This is still an issue at Monitor 2023.3.1, @DerekLaw. My domain-level service account has a single underscore in it, password has no special characters. I got this error:

areasfromspace_0-1712323879174.png

My workaround was to install with a local account and password with no special characters, then post-install, in the Monitor Windows service, change the log on user to my domain account.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ChadCooperROK,

This is still an issue at Monitor 2023.3.1 ...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will ask the Dev team to check.

Best,

0 Kudos