S-100 in ArcGIS Pro Maritime

Jump to solution
02-21-2023 10:37 PM
CBBiong
New Contributor III

Is it already possible to import other S-100 products (aside from S-101) like S-102 in ArcPro?

I tried using the Import S-100 Feature Catalogue to import the S-102 FC, it worked okay but when
I tried using the import S-100 Cell tool but it gets me confused since the S-100 Cell parameter only wants to accept 000 files.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

The S-100 tools in ArcGIS Pro are currently focused on the vector standards, like S-101 and S-201. You can load an S-102 in ArcGIS Pro without the use of the maritime S-100  tools. It will render at the resolution of the coarsest grid in the S-102 file. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

The S-100 tools in ArcGIS Pro are currently focused on the vector standards, like S-101 and S-201. You can load an S-102 in ArcGIS Pro without the use of the maritime S-100  tools. It will render at the resolution of the coarsest grid in the S-102 file. 

CBBiong
New Contributor III

Thanks for the clarification! Cheers!

0 Kudos
MuratÖksüz
New Contributor II

@CBBiong ,

Hi,

I have a question if you can help me? I didn't want to open another topic. Is there a any document or a steps how to create s100 catalogue and import for example trial s101?

And also like s57, where is the layer of s100 standart. I'm using Maritime.lyrx file for s57 maps. But i couldn't find anyting alike about s100. How you display it?

0 Kudos
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

To clarify your first question, you want to create your own S-100 Feature Catalogue? Or do you want to import the existing S-101 Feature Catalogue? 

If you want to import the official S-101 Feature Catalogue, you can follow these steps:
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/maritime/import-s-100-feature-catalogue.htm

If you want to build your own feature catalogue, the IHO provides a feature catalogue builder

https://iho.int/en/feature-catalogue-builder

We are making a lot of changes to our S-100 support in the upcoming ArcGIS Pro 3.2 release. With that, there will be a layer for S-101 like there is for S-57.

Once Pro 3.2 is released, if you still have questions, please feel free to ask, we are happy to help with any questions you have. 

You can email me directly even if you like.

cgreene@esri.com

maritime@esri.com

MuratÖksüz
New Contributor II

Thank you for your very clear answer and the work that you have done. I hope we can get more advantage of maritime in 3.2 update.

0 Kudos