Paper Chart production in ArcGIS Pro 3.1

03-30-2023 07:10 PM
CBBiong
New Contributor III

With the release of Pro 3.1 comes more of the paper nautical charting capabilities, but I couldn't find any documentation yet that outlines the process (even in general terms/processes). Can I please ask what are the suggested steps in creating a paper chart product from the maritime GDB, especially in setting up the layout/sheet/panel?

I could probably wait for the documentation to be around but I badly need to report on how we can use ArcGIS Pro now since we've been having some issues with old paper charting software.

Appreciate any help! Thanks!

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
PSheatsley
New Contributor II

Hello @CBBiong ,

We are working on paper charting equivalency in ArcGIS Pro. Complete production workflow will be available at a future release. The 3.1 product files contain the schema and configuration to execute individual geoprocessing tools in the Maritime tools > Cartography toolset. Product files are a separate installation from ArcGIS Pro.

Attached is a document containing a paper charting overview.  If necessary, we can schedule a meeting to help with any problems.

CBBiong
New Contributor III

Hi @PSheatsley ,

Thank you so much for this. Really big help 🙂

Appreciate everyone who took time to answer, thanks guys!

NauryzbekAbylkair
New Contributor II

Since I've been experiencing a problems with New Nautical Product wizard I want to try produce Paper Chart in ArcGIS Pro.

Does Chart Automation tool can be used in ArcGIS Pro just like in ArcMap?

For automating steps: 

• Prepare your  map
  • Create Grids and Graticules
  • Generate Cartographic Limits
  • Generate light sectors

• Transfer Quality Of Position

Thank you in advance for your reply.

PSheatsley
New Contributor II

Hello @NauryzbekAbylkair ,

The Chart Automation Tool is has not been developed for ArcGIS Pro yet. It is in our roadmap for a future release. However, all of the individual tools are in ArcGIS Pro to step through the process of creating a chart. Please refer to the document, NauticalChartArcGISPro.docx in the previous post above, for the individual processes.

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

New in ArcGIS Maritime (esri.com) for the recent blog

... sort of retired...