What's new in ArcGIS Maritime (Q4 2021)

12-02-2021 03:51 PM
IgnaciaGalvan
Esri Contributor
2 0 1,296

The Q4 2021 release of ArcGIS Maritime includes exciting new features and enhancements to support S-57, S-100 and S-101 specifications, and the Custom Chart Builder (CCB). ArcGIS Maritime also now supports Bathymetric Inland Electronic Navigational Chart (bIENC) production.

Additional support for S-57 specifications

The Inland ENC Harmonization Group (IEHG) has published the Bathymetric Inland Electronic Navigational Chart (bIENC) specification for the production of specialized bathymetric datasets that contain high density depth information based on the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57 standard.

bIENCbIENC

Two new tools have been added to automate these activities: Generate Depth Areas and Generate Land Areas. Generate Depth Areas creates depth area polygon features using a TIN to query depth information to find whether a closed contour is trending deeper or shallower. Generate Land Areas creates land area polygon features by identifying existing land topology features, such as coastline and shoreline construction, and eliminating any polygons over water or other exclusionary features. An area of interest is specified to limit the processing area.

Additional support for S-100/S-101 specifications

Esri is participating in the S-100/S-101 testbed along with other Hydrographic Offices to test conversion of S-57 datasets to S-101 and provide feedback to the IHO working group that is building the specification. To support this effort, updates have been made to the configuration options in the Convert S-57 to S-101 Cell tool.

S-101 configurationS-101 configuration

Enhancements to Custom Chart Builder (CCB)

Display properties in CCB now support moving centroid, displaying light sectors, displaying safe soundings, removing duplicate text, text halo, displaying AIO features, and displaying bathymetric iENC.

About the Author
Hi! I'm is a senior product engineer with a focus on user assistance. I've been with Esri since 2007 and have delivered documentation for several ArcGIS extensions and apps. I enjoy outdoor activities and love dancing. You can connect with me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ignacia-galvan-9802aa203/