Select to view content in your preferred language

Unity SDK Support for M1 Macs (Apple Silicon)?

Jump to solution
10-30-2022 05:23 PM
ArmaniCassel
New Contributor

I am trying to run the ArcGIS Maps Unity SDK (Unity version 2021.3.10f1) on an M1 Mac (Mac OS 12.3) and I'm having issues with a "DllNotFoundException:" . Is this related to me trying this on an M1 Mac or are there other solutions?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
StuartWatkins
New Contributor

Hi @ArmaniCassel,

I have an M1 Mac also and when running the SDK on the Silicon version of Unity I also had this problem. I'm not sure if doing this is officially supported but I solved the issue by installing the Intel version of Unity and everything worked fine.

Stuart W

View solution in original post

MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Support for developing with the silicon version of the Unity Editor and deploying to Apple silicon is now available with ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unity v1.2 - Announcing ArcGIS Maps SDKs for Game Engines 1.2 (esri.com).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
StuartWatkins
New Contributor

Hi @ArmaniCassel,

I have an M1 Mac also and when running the SDK on the Silicon version of Unity I also had this problem. I'm not sure if doing this is officially supported but I solved the issue by installing the Intel version of Unity and everything worked fine.

Stuart W

Jade
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Yeah we don't support M1 chip 

MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Support for developing with the silicon version of the Unity Editor and deploying to Apple silicon is now available with ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unity v1.2 - Announcing ArcGIS Maps SDKs for Game Engines 1.2 (esri.com).

0 Kudos