Select to view content in your preferred language

Map contents not syncing to Illustrator layers despite "sync successful" message

Jump to solution
02-09-2023 02:16 PM
KarenKey2
New Contributor II

Hello,

Last fall I was able to use the ArcGIS extension for Illustrator to save a web map, import it into the program, and sync it to produce vector map elements.

I updated to Illustrator 2023 a couple of months ago and lost the extension, so I downloaded the current version and installed today. Now, when I go to sync a map to the artwork layers, it doesn't load any of the elements except for the copyright stamp. Otherwise, it's a blank white canvas and the layers are empty. I'm not getting any sort of error code...it tells me it's syncing successfully every time.

If I switch to the legacy mapping profile, it's able to produce PART of the content (in this case, paths for a trail map), but not the topography layer, so that doesn't help me much.

Appreciate any help.

24 Replies
Brianna_Eaton
New Contributor II

I am having a similar issue after updating the extension to 3.4.0 - I have been trying to download a heatmap all day [from an ArcGIS web map]. My basemap will download, it makes a layer for the heatmap on my artboard, however the layer is empty - even though I get a successful download message.

I have tried on two Mac computers:

1. Running Ventura 13.0 - Illustrator 27.3.1 up to 27.4 have been tried [with same results]

2. Running Ventura 13.2.2 - Illustrator 27.2 up to 24.4 have been tried [same results]

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi there @Brianna_Eaton

Any chance you could share your webmap so we can investigate the issue further?

Best,

Anna

0 Kudos
Brianna_Eaton
New Contributor II

Hi @Anna_Breton Here is a link to a copy of the map. https://arcg.is/1Tb9ru0

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

@Brianna_Eaton thanks for the link. I'm able to reproduce your issue and the team is currently investigating the issue.

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi All, 

The Maps for Adobe team has just released the 3.5 version of the extension. We worked on resolving this issue in this release. To acquire this fix, please install the latest version of the extension. You can do that through the in-app upgrade, or you can find the latest installer on our product page.

Best, 

The ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Team

0 Kudos