I can draw the extent but not save a mapboard

02-26-2022 05:40 PM
MerlinSmith
New Contributor

Hello,

I am able to draw the extent but nothing happens when I click to save my Mapboard. Also, I notices my presets pulldown is blank. 

Thank you for your help!

Can't save mapboard  Presents is not populated.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

Hi @MerlinSmith

I have a couple questions for you so that we can get a better understanding of what you're seeing.

When you say "click to save my Mapboard", do you mean when you try to click "OK" at  the bottom of the mapboard interface? Are you able to consistently reproduce these issues, or are they intermittent? For example, if you click "Cancel" and then redraw a mapboard, or if you restart the extension, do you still run into these issues? If they occur consistently, do you mind sharing your workflow so we can see if we can reproduce them?

Best, 

Anna

0 Kudos
MerlinSmith
New Contributor

Yes! Thank you for the reply Anna.

Yesterday I had out IT delete the extension completely and reinstall it. Unfortunately I have the same results. 

I would love to share the workflow. How is this best represented? step by step screen shots? by this forum?

Alix

0 Kudos
Anna_Breton
Esri Contributor

@MerlinSmith you can add your steps to this thread. Screenshots, written steps, or any combination of the two would be fine. It would also be helpful if you could include your Maps for Adobe version and operating system info. If we need to dig further into this, I can start a direct message thread with you. 

Thanks!

Anna

0 Kudos
MerlinSmith
New Contributor

Hi Anna,

STEPS: Open AI, open Maps for Creative Cloud, sign in NOAA URL, sign into NOAA GeoPlatform, accept all warnings.

The two map boxes open, one with a dark grey map. Use draw tool to create an extent. Mapboard Options box opens. (PDF 1) Whether I change the values or not, the box will not save. Clicking OK does nothing. Also, the Presets pulldown is not populated. (PDF 2)

If I hit Cancel the box goes away. Sometimes I can see a bar with Mapboard 1 floating on the map with no dotted line around it. If I try several times I may see Mapboard 2 and 3. If I click around I can sometimes see one of the dotted extents, but I can never save. 

My programs:

Abobe Illustrator 26.0.3

Adobe PhotoShop 23.2.1

ArcGISMapsForAdobe_Win_310

0 Kudos
ChelseaSerna
New Contributor

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having the same problem. I can draw the map extent but when I click OK, nothing happens. I've reinstalled the plug in and continue to have issues. Thank you!

0 Kudos